Careers Education Information Advice & Guidance (CEIAG) Policy
For more information please contact Mrs F. Morris - Careers Co-ordinator
The applications currently used to assist student with their career choices
Key Stage 3 Careers information
Year 7 start their Careers & WRL Education at The Willink by learning about
themselves, and their individual skills and qualities; learn about: what is a career,
what is my ideal career, what qualifications do I need etc. They will also start
working on modules which cover economic well-being and financial capability as part
of the Every Child Matters Agenda. As part of the Enterprise Curriculum students
may also spend a day off timetable participating in a specific Enterprise day.
Year 8 will build on what they have learnt in Yr7 and possibly work on “The Real
Game Series” an interactive based package which enables them to explore the
concept of a career and other related areas. Students also take part in a variety of
exercises and activities looking at further aspects of economic well-being and
financial capability. To develop an understanding of what is meant by work? To
recognise the links between education and the world of work. To discover what
types of jobs people do.
Year 9 Careers & WRL will focus primarily on Options for Key Stage 4. This ensures
that students have all the information available to them to guide them along the
correct pathway. Students to find out what is CEG? What skills and qualities are
needed in the world of work? etc
This will include:Attending an internal presentation which explains all the choices
available at The Willink and where possible external impartial partners/organisations
Students and Parents/Carers will also be invited to attend the yr9 Options Evening
and have the opportunity to make appointments with Adviza to ask more specific
queries regarding the Options Process and Careers.
Key Stage 4 Careers information
Year 10 - The Careers & WRL programme includes the following:
- Careers will be taught in PSHEE during the summer term 2017
- Yr10 will have the opportunity to meet with an Adviza Personal Advisor and/or participate in specific targeted Group Sessions.
Preparation for Work Experience. Assembly/Parent Mtg. Completion of Standard Forms and Own Placements.
All students will be interviewed by staff from the local Education Business Partnership prior to Work Experience to ensure that we achieve the most appropriate placement for them.
All students will take part in Work Experience for one week during July.
A visit to Oxford University for appropriate students
Year 11 - Will have the opportunity to meet with a Adviza Personal Advisor and/or participate in specific targeted Group Sessions.
- Students will take part in Moving Forward days, to include interviews for 6th form.
- Continue learning and exploring the Options available to them after Year 11 including guidance on relevant websites to help them with the decision making process;
- Attend one internal led & at least one external led assembly during the Autumn Term to explain in more detail the options available to them after Year 11 both at The Willink and other educational establishments.
- Opportunities to attend Careers Events.
- Students also participate in a Mock Interview Event with a member of the local business community during the Spring Term 2017.